Sunday, June 20, 2010

the engagement project.

Today- I was reading through a previous frenemy turned enemy's blog and stumbled across a blog entitled "the engagement project" and it made me think, "holy s, I am so not ready for that!" I say this because the past year I have had more than 50 friends get engaged. I am not kidding you, thanks sorority life. A little history about me- I was engaged and then decided not to get married because he was not ready and, well, neither was I. Anyways, I now have 50+ sets of wedding pictures I will surely be stalking via facebook and only a few select weddings I will allow myself to go to. (Hey, if i don't go, you get a better present!) But all this engagement stuff made me think, I am totally not ready to be there. I always say, yes I am, yes I want it, but, pardon my language, shit, I can't even freaking commit to a cell phone for more than 1 year, let ALONE commit my LIFE to another person. I understand that these two things don't seem to be related, but my mentality on it IS similar, I always want the next best thing and the grass is always greener on the other side, yada, yada, yada.

So, peruse the website, between this blog and watching Julie & Julia, you can expect some sort f "project blog" in the works for me. I'll keep you posted!

<3,
J

No comments:

Post a Comment